Answers about the Visa to Australia

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequent Questions
What is an Australian visa or ETA?

An Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is required for entrance into Australia. Unlike a traditional paper visa, the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and can be obtained online using our application form.

Can anyone issue visas for Australia?

No. Only approved travel agency and Aussie Specialist members, are allowed by the Government of Australia to process Electronic Travel Authorizations. As an specialized agent and Aussie specialist we have direct access to the Electronic Travel Authority system, which enables us to process visas on behalf of travelers.

Do I need a paper visa or stamp in my passport to travel to Australia?

No. The ETA is electronically linked to the passport you use for travel, replacing the stamp or paper visa. All travelers to Australia are required to obtain an ETA in advance of their trip. Please note we recommend printing the ETA confirmation we send you to expedite check-in with the airlines.

How long does it take to obtain an Australian Visa (ETA)?

Our online application process can be easily completed from any device. Within one business day you will receive confirmation that your Australian visa has been processed. Included will be a reference number. We also offer a rush service where you can receive the Australian ETA in 15 minutes.

Where can I apply for an ETA?

The easiest way to apply for your ETA is using our simple online application . You can also visit the government site, but our price is the same and the process is more user friendly.

How much does it cost to get an ETA?

The total cost of processing your Australian visa is $20.

Is there a specific Visa I need to get?

It really depends on what you are traveling to Australia for. If you are going as a tourist or short business trip lasting no more than three months, than an ETA or 601 visa is what you need. If you plan to work in the country, contact the Australian Embassy about obtaining a work visa.

What type of visas can I get through AustraliaVisaServices?

If you plan on working in Australia you will need to contact the Australian embassy or a work visa processing agency.

If you are visiting Australia for tourism, and your trip is 3 months or less, a tourist subclass 601 visa (ETA) is your best option. You can get it in AustraliaVisaServices.

If you are visiting for basic non-working business like meetings, conferences or seminars, you are required to purchase a subclass 601 business ETA visa. Both visas are available online through our application form.

What countries need to get a visa before visiting Australia?

Anyone traveling from any country, except New Zealand, has to apply for a visa before arriving in Australia.

Is an ETA available for every country?

No. Certain countries have not made the transition to an ETA and have eVisitor Visa. Visit this page for a list of countries that require an ETA versus an eVisitor visa.

How long is the ETA valid?

Your ETA is good for three months of traveling in Australia. It's valid for one year from the date of purchase or until your passport expires, whichever is sooner. If it has been longer than one year since you purchased an ETA, you will need to reapply.

Is my ETA valid for multiple entries?

With your Australian visa you are allowed multiple entries into the country as long as the total is less than 90 days within each visit. Please keep in mind, we recommend not entering the country within 3 weeks so that the immigration official does not think you are trying to game the system. This is only a concern if the amount of days stayed within a year can be seen as excessive.

Do I need an ETA for my children traveling to Australia with me?

Yes. Each child traveling must obtain an ETA before departing. Each application is separately processed and cannot be joined with your own. If your child or children are linked to your passport, you still need to submit individual applications.

If my application is denied, can I get a refund?

In the rare instance where your visa application is rejected, you will receive a full refund under our 100% approval guarantee. If for any reason, you are not satisfied with our service please contact us and we will provide a refund of your service fee. If we make a mistake on your application, a 100% refund will be issued and we will process your visa again at no cost

When applying, what do I need?

When you apply for an ETA, you will need the valid passport you are traveling with, a credit card and an email address for confirmation.

How secure is credit card payment through this site?

We provide a secure method for authorizing credit card transactions online.

My passport is valid for less than 6 months? Can I still apply for a visa?

If your passport will expire within the next 6 months, then you need to contact your local Australian Embassy to see if you still qualify for a visa.

I have a new passport, should I get a new visa?

Yes, anytime you receive a new passport, you need to get a new visa too.

If I am only passing through Australia, do I need an ETA?

Technically you do not need an ETA if you are passing through the country and you will be no longer than 72 hours. However, you must obtain a long and difficult transit visa here. For this reason we suggest all passengers obtain an ETA for $20AUD and keep things simple.

Can I apply for the ETA Visa if I have a criminal record?

If you have a criminal record, we suggest that you contact your local Australian Embassy in order to apply for a visa.

Should all my docs be in English?

Yes, if your documents are in a language other than English, you must supply the English translation.

I made a mistake on my application, what can I do?

Please always be very careful when entering your details online. Please contact us via Online Chat or Phone if you made a mistake so that it can be corrected asap. If your visa was processed, we can reissue a new visa for a $5.95 charge.

Do I need to have a flight booked before applying for the visa?

No. You do not need to demonstrate a plane ticket. You can apply for your ETA before you have a confirmed ticket.

Are there any restrictions to my ETA?

There are a few to keep in mind:

  • You cannot work with the ETA or 601 visa.
  • You must not visit longer than three months, this includes school purposes as well. If your trip will be longer than three months, you must obtain a different visa.
  • You must not have tuberculosis.
  • You must not have any criminal convictions resulting sentencing that was/is longer than 12 months total.